Saturday, 1 September 2012

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn!


I feel like this is the last week of summer for me. I’ve been quite lax about everything really, but now I’m really trying to get everything together and gear up for the demands of fall. 

Thank you all for your amazing ideas on my last post. I really appreciate them all, and I will definitely be trying some of those out in the next couple of weeks! I’m sure you’ll be hearing about how I’ve gotten on. I managed to write another chapter of Erase on Wednesday, but since then I’ve been at a bit of a dead end. This is purely my fault, since I haven’t found the time to sit down and think about what comes next in my MS. This is certainly on my to-do list for next week. 

Reading-wise, I’ve decided to become more regimented. I finished A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess today, which I loved as promised, and I’m glad to get that ticked off my summer reading list. But to be honest I think that’s going to be one of the last things I read for my own pleasure in a while. 

I have a stack of books recently bought from Amazon to read for my university course and I need to focus on them. As a result, I’ve decided to try and read two books a week. I’ve just started Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, and despite my hatred of Jane Eyre which the novel is based on, I’m really liking it! I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about the other books I'm reading too.

How are you feeling about September? Are you glad summer is finally coming to an end, or do you wish you had a few more weeks?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely would like summer to last for a few more weeks but it isn't. I'm looking forward to Fall though -- the leaves falling of trees and the gorgeous view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but sadly, all good things have to come to an end. I really wish the summer weather didn't though! Yes, that's true; I love watching the leaves change colour particularly. Everything seems so much more colourful, until winter kicks in that is.

      Delete