Saturday, 22 September 2012

University and Erase Update



Well, it’s official – I’ve moved into university! I’ve met a few people already, and I look forward to meeting a lot more. It’s been crazy this week trying to pack everything up and get ready, which means I haven’t had a lot of time for writing, even when I really wanted to. The next week will most likely be quite hectic too, but once things start to settle back down I’m sure I’ll be writing most days. 

In regards to Erase, I feel like I’ve got a clearer picture of where it’s going. I had a chat with a writer friend of mine, which helped, and despite the fact I’ve been mostly making it up as I go along, I have a basic outline already in my mind for the rest of the novel. I don’t know whether this will all go to plan or not, but I know what I’m heading towards at least, which is great. Hopefully that will make it a lot easier to get stuck in once I finally do get back to writing.

A final note: go check out Laura’s post on her first draft word counts. She kindly asked my permission to use my idea, and I think her results are really interesting! As long as you credit me, and let me know you’ve posted it so I can go check it out, I’m more than happy for other people to use my idea and post their first draft word counts too.

How is everybody else’s projects and/or life coming along?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on moving into Uni, you're going to love it I'm sure!! Good luck with Erase and finding the time to write, it's great that you know where you're going with the story now.

    Aww, thanks for the mention, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope so. Yeah, it just makes everything seem a lot simpler, even if I do still have the final details to work on. It's no problem!

      Delete
  2. Totally awesome that you've moved to university now and that you've already met some people. I hope that you can get back into the swing of writing soon! :)

    ReplyDelete