Saturday, 27 October 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012



I’ve spent the last hour or so skim reading my MS from a couple of years ago, the one which I won NaNoWriMo 2010 with, and it’s helped me make my decision for this year’s NaNo. 

I’m going to do NaNo this year. For a couple of weeks I was in two minds about it, but in the last couple of days I’ve been more resolute about going for it this year.

I said at the start of this year that I wouldn’t give up on things that meant the most to me – eg. writing – and yet it all seems to have fallen by the wayside again. Yesterday I decided to sketch for the first time in two months, and it was such a great release for me. Writing is the same. It’s my escape. But somehow, along the way, I always seem to forget that. I’m really hoping NaNoWriMo will be the thing to bring me to my senses, and help me finish the first draft of Erase. 

I’m looking forward to it. I’m right near the home straight for Erase, and I have a lot of loose ends to tie. It will be great to put an end to Lake’s story, although whether it’ll still feel like a standalone novel by the end of November has yet to be seen. 

But I will be updating my progress throughout November, hopefully – and that’s a tentative hopefully – at my usual blogging schedule. 

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to November, and all the writing that has yet to come. 

How are you feeling about NaNo this year?

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited about NaNo this year it is unbelievable! I think its got to do with the fact that I haven't actually written anything since August NaNo! All those months without writing has just felt so strange.
    Good luck with NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Yeah I know what you mean, it's been a few months since I've properly sat down to write and I'm itching to get back to it. Thanks, and good luck too, Laura!

      Delete
  2. I'm keen for NaNo, even though I'm not planning to make it to 50k words. I have exams from the 1st to the 19th so... :P But I'm looking forward to whatever writing I do end up completing and checking out how everyone else is progressing. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course your exams should come first. My general rule is work always comes first. But if you can even get half the 50k, it's still an amazing achievement. I'm the same, I love the fact we all get to share our experiences and see how everybody else is getting on. Good luck, Bonnee!

      Delete
  3. I really wanted to do NaNo this year, but I'm still revising. I was hoping to be done by then, but I think I need at least another week. And then I want to finish a half-written MS that I stopped since I was revising. But I was thinking of doing my own NaNo in January. (I guess JanNo? NaJan?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad! But hopefully things won't be as busy for you in January, and you'll be able to sit down and write without life constantly getting in the way. I like JanNo! You should go with that!

      Delete