Tuesday, 6 November 2012

NaNo Progress Report and Why Today Matters



I think I’ll have a series of NaNo progress reports throughout November, so expect more from me in regards to this. 

I’m doing quite well so far. I’ve only had two days where I haven’t written, on Saturday and Sunday, but since I ended up writing two thousand words yesterday I’m essentially only a thousand words behind where I should be at the moment. I’ve written over four thousand words in the last six days, and whilst I know many NaNoers have written far more than me in this short space of time, I’m still counting it as an achievement. I have jumped from not writing at all to writing basically every day after all. 

I’m still having issues with the active vs the passive, but I think that’s just something I’m going to have to deal with, and maybe tackle a lot more during editing. I really hope to get back to editing some of my work after NaNo has finished, since it’s been a long time, and there’s a lot of work to get through. Whilst my writing itself might get better with every novel I write, I know editing thoroughly will also come into that. But right now, I’m trying to focus on writing.

On another note, today is special for two reasons. Firstly, it’s my birthday, and so far I’ve had a decent day. But secondly, and far more importantly, it’s American Election Day. I really hope that any Americans reading this – who are eligible to vote and if they haven’t done so yet – get out and vote. You may not think your vote means something, but in reality it means a lot. Nobody wants to see another Bush v Gore incident. I’m really pushing for Obama to win another term, but I guess I will have to wait and see, since right now it’s looking quite close. 

How is your NaNo progressing so far? Or, on an unrelated note, who do you want to win the election?

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    This is a great post Fiona! I'm glad to see that NaNo is going so well for you and I'm sure you can catch in no time at all.
    I totally agree with you about voting as well, I think everyone who has the opportunity to vote should, it is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'll just have to make some extra time for it, but I'm not complaining about extra writing time! Agreed, it's such an important privilege and its so easy to take it for granted. It doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you do actually vote, that's the main thing.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! Mine was last Thursday (the only day I had class thanks to hurricane Sandy...)

    Glad to see NaNo is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy belated birthday! Aww that's a shame, I hope your birthday wasn't too bad.

      Delete