Tuesday, 4 December 2012

December Already?!



I’m not quite sure where 2012 went. It’s been a busy, chaotic year for me, and a lot has changed in such a short space of time. Soon it will be Christmas and New Year. Does anybody else find that incredibly strange and disorientating?

I haven’t achieved as much as I know I could have this year. 

I finished my short story collection, which totals in at near 60,000 words. It’s yet to be edited fully, but I’d love to get back to it and start working on it again. 

I also have Erase, which I would absolutely love to finish before 2013 hits, but I’m not sure that will happen. It would be fantastic if I did manage to complete it. 

I think next year needs to be an editing year for me. I haven’t done much – or rather any – at all this year, and I learned so much the last time I sat down to really edit my work. It’s something I need to focus on, and I think my work will be better for it. Plus seeing as I want to become an editor in the publishing industry, it’s an aspect which I should probably work on . . .

However, I’m getting way ahead of myself. There is still much of December to go, and who knows how much could change in a month? 

So, here’s what I’d love to know: what have you achieved this year? Are you happy with what you’ve done, and are you looking forward to 2013?

2 comments:

  1. You definitely still have all of December to see what changes. Who knows how much you could achieve if you put your mind to it. You could finish Erase if you wanted to. But I encourage you not to rush it if the time is too short. Just don't give up and keep smiling. I've achieved a lot this year. It doesn't sound as extravagant as what you got done, but I'm happy with it at least. I'm definitely looking forward to 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm one week away from finishing my first semester at university, so hopefully in the winter break I'll have a lot of time to sit down and simply write in between essays, revision, seeing my friends and watching Christmas television! I'm glad you're happy with what you've achieved. That's the main thing, right? Fingers crossed the new year treats us well!

    ReplyDelete