Tuesday, 1 January 2013

My Goals for 2013



Happy New Year everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Whilst I may have taken a long break, I’m returning to the blogosphere refreshed and ready to begin the year.

A quick note: whilst this post would typically be titled with ‘resolutions’, I’m hoping that by changing it to ‘goals’ I’ll actually accomplish these! 

Goal #1: Finish Erase – this has been on my to-do list forever and ever but I am determined to have this wrapped up soon. It would be really lovely to finish this project, especially since it’s something I’ve been working on and talking about since August last year.

Goal #2: Edit – I did hardly any editing at all last year, which is absolutely disgraceful, and I have a lot of projects that need substantial work. It would be amazing if I could get some of my MSs in a good enough shape to actually show to one of my closest friends.

Goal #3: Read more – this is obviously quite a broad one, and I did quite a lot of reading last summer, but I want to maintain that throughout the year. Most particularly, I want to read more YA. I’ve poured over two YA novels in the last few days, and I’ve realised how long it’s been since I’ve properly gotten into YA, as well as why I love it so much. (Reviews for the novels I’ve been reading will be coming shortly).

Goal #4: Keep going – again this is quite a broad one, but I think it’s one of the most important goals. I’ve spoken about my terrible habit before, how I somehow manage to get stuck in these ruts when the solution is usually just to keep going. This is something I’m going to have to remind myself a lot of, but I think it would make a huge difference, not only in regards to these goals but in my life in general. 

So, those are my goals. Wish me luck! Do you have any goals you want to achieve this year?


3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful goals...you can do it. I think Keep Going is especially relevant. I was recently looking over the books I had read this past year (I did a post on it) and was a little surprised that I hadn't read more this year (only 19 fiction books!) I've decided to start a monthly YA book club blog hop...that way I'm for sure reading at least 12 books next year with friends. Maybe you'll think about joining me...it would be a great way to read books together and increase blog traffic!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's so easy to lose track as the year goes on about how much you've done, and I know I haven't read as much as I would have liked last year, though I'm not sure what the final count is. That sounds interesting, I'll take a look. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you and your goals! Me, I just want to get my WIP off to my editor. Should be doing that real soon.

    ReplyDelete