Thursday, 10 January 2013

My Goals Progress



I haven’t made the greatest start to my goals I set for myself at the beginning of January. So far I’ve only really began to accomplish one of these goals, but I am quite proud of myself for what I’ve done. 

I haven’t been writing or editing. However, I have been reading. And when I say reading, I mean reading. I haven’t read this much since summer, and even then I don’t think I read this much!

Up until two days ago, I had been reading a book every day. So far I’ve managed to read seven books, all YA, and it’s been utterly fantastic. It’s been great to get lost in a book, and to start or finish all these series which I’d long neglected. 

Here is what I’ve been reading:

·         Reached by Ally Condie
·         The Named by Marianne Curley
·         The Legacy by Gemma Malley
·         Entice by Carrie Jones
·         The Dark by Marianne Curley
·         Angel by James Patterson
·         Endure by Carrie Jones

I will be reviewing Reached by Ally Condie (the final in the fabulous Matched trilogy) on Saturday, and once The Key arrives from Amazon I’ll be reviewing Marianne Curley’s unexpectedly wonderful Guardian of Time series. 

There’s a lot of books I’m looking forward to reading this year, including Fuse by Julianna Baggott (the sequel to Pure) which comes out in February, and Requiem by Lauren Oliver, the final in the Delirium trilogy.  

All I have to do now is make a start on my other goals for this year!

How have you all been doing with your New Years Resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. Slow and steady go my New Years resolutions, but that is fabulous that you have been reading so much! I'm a slow reader, so... :p Hope you enjoy finishing off those series and find time and motivation to work towards your other goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're making progress! Any progress is good progress. Thank you, and good luck with your resolutions too!

      Delete
  2. And I thought I had read a lot so far this year :P Hopefully you can keep up with all the reading. Have you read Old Magic by Marianne Curley? I loved this book so much!
    My goals are going well so far, finding time to write around uni work, and managing to keep up with some reading everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm having a great time, and that's what counts. I haven't, but it's definitely on my to-read list. It's great to hear positive things about it already! That's great you're doing so well. It's so hard to find time to do simple things like writing and reading when you're busy, (I know I struggle majorly), so really well done.

      Delete